Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Home Made Electric Guitar Based on the EB MusicMan JPX - By Alex Taylor (FullHD)

My Home Made Electric Guitar Based on the EB MusicMan JPX - By Alex Taylor (FullHD) Tube. Duration : 15.28 Mins.


For the last few months this has been my project. I'm a 17 year old aspiring musician from West Sussex with an enthusiasm for Design & Technology and I wanted to build an electric guitar for a long time. This was my second attempt, in which I literally started with a couple of blocks of wood and ended up with. The project was very challenging for me and required a lot of research and planning before construction. The guitar is entirely hand built and incorporates a large number of my own features as well as those from the Ernie Ball MusicMan JPX6, which was my main inspiration and a guitar I have wanted to own for a long time, but not been able to afford. The guitar features a 26" scale, 24 frets, 2 high output Alnico Humbucker pickups, a hardtail design, 2 jack outputs, a 5 way selector, and a piezo-electric acoustic simulator system of my own design. John Petrucci is the most inspirational guitarist to me, and I love his tone. I've not made a guitar that plays exactly the same as his, but I'm very proud that I've been able to include a lot of his guitar's features and am also pleased with how this guitar sounds as I think it is very similar to the guitar I was trying to model. I entered this guitar and an accompanying 110 pages of documentation for entry to the A Level Extended Project qualification and was awarded full marks. It will be entered for Exhibition and judging at the Henry Royce award ceremony in London as part of a Design & Technology Scholarship I have ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment