Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

August 2010 Stereo Equipment Repairs

August 2010 Stereo Equipment Repairs Video Clips. Duration : 10.35 Mins.


Please read the whole description! This time around, my dad found a 2002-era Kenwood VR-606 home theater receiver at a garage sale, fully functional except for one thing: the display. Much to my dismay, I discovered that the display driver IC seemed to be the problem, as pressing on it resulted in the display working normally. I've never done surface mount device soldering, but I had no other choice than to try and it appears that I did succeed. As for my vintage Technics stuff, the SA-560 is playing again after a new relay was installed. The cheapest electrically compatible relay came from eBay. I know there are electronic component supply houses, but they can't compete by a long shot. The new relay is a Panasonic relay, which seems fitting. It works fine after installing some "lead out" wires from the circuit board to connect it. The SA-310 has a blown output. It's been removed in this video. Does anyone have an STK-2038 II module or better that I could obtain? It must be the "II" module type, as the plain STK-2038 is not compatible (fewer pins). A "bigger" module would probably work, just with reduced power output (and maybe less stress on its internals). Interestingly, once the blown module was removed, mounting points for individual transistors were seen in the heatsink. Did Technics plan to make this receiver with a discrete output?

0 comments:

Post a Comment