Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My Home Theatre Construction Part 11 -- Drywall, Painting, and a Little Sound Treatment

My Home Theatre Construction Part 11 -- Drywall, Painting, and a Little Sound Treatment Video Clips. Duration : 4.22 Mins.


I finished up the drywall, mudding, taping, and sanding! That was hard work that I don't wish to repeat. I began painting with the help of my lovely wife too! Yeah! It's really starting to feel like a theatre at this point! I applied corner bead to the soffits using a spray adhesive designed for the process. That's the pink stuff that you see on the wall. The ceiling paint is from Behr's Disney line: "Mouse Ears" in flat black. There are three coats up there. Matte black paint is very tricky to get looking good, FYI! Count on spending twice the time you thought you would painting your ceiling! I mounted two inches of John Manville Linacoustic RC ductliner to the screen wall. It will also be added to the sides of the subwoofers that face the audience. The idea here is to absorb sound so that it doesn't come out of the speakers, ping off of the back of the screen and the rear wall, and then ping back off the screen wall and hit the listener in the face late. This is not "soundproofing". That's not what you want to do anyway. The final sound treatment is to be determined but will likely include custom made wall panels and significant low frequency absorption in the stage corner and the rear closet. Thanks for watching! Music is "Time Flux" by Revolution Void. Used under a Creative Commons license.

0 comments:

Post a Comment